Is a persistent round reddish purple sore on the ankle indicative of melanoma?
I understand your concern. From your description it sounds like it is Actinic keratosis, a pre cancer condition. Not quite cancer but it may develop into it.
However, I would need to see a picture of the lesion pre surgery in order to give an accurate answer.
Wishing you all the best.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Got red purple blood blister diagnosed with melanoma treatment
- Melanoma in situ vs melanoma
- Noticed black spot on toenail feeling sore serious melanoma
- Melanoma in anus and purple lump
- Is melanoma sore to touch
- Could the sore red spot on the leg be melanoma
- Mucosal melanoma
- Does the vertical line on my fingernail indicate melanoma
- Melanoma small dark perfectly round overnight
- Is melanoma contagious
- What causes weight gain while on Ontrintellix?
- Suggest treatment for loss of vision and vomiting
- Suggest treatment for metastatic melanoma
- What causes joint pain while on Requip?
- What causes redness and painful swelling in the eyes?
- What does my ultrasound scan report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for painful rash on the waist
- Does long term use of steroids affect a person's immune system?
- Suggest treatment for leg cramps and shortness of breath
- What do my creatine levels in blood indicate?