question-icon

Is a higher dose of Metroprolol advisable to manage high BP levels?

Posted on Thu, 28 May 2015
Question: I take 50 mg of cozaar twice daily and 12 1/2 mg metoprolol twice daily and blood pressure is still fairly high...is it possible to take more metoprolol as I know I cannot take any larger dose of cozaar.
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu (34 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Following advice...

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you for asking!
I read your query and understood your concerns.

You are already taking the maximal daily dose of losartan (cozaar) and only 25 mg of metoprolol per day. You can raise the metoprolol dose to a maximum of 100 mg per day.

However you should discus with your doctor before doing that, severe complication may happen if you do this without doctor advice.

Hope this was of help!
Wih you health!
Dr. Shehu
Dr. Benard Shehu

Cardiologist