Is a bacterial infection indicated in the CBC test results?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2015
Apr 2015

Hematologist
Question
I am worried with CBC test . PLEASE ADVICE.ANY BACTERIAL INFECTION OR I WILL WAIT FOR NEXT TEST . ANY MEDICINE
Mon, 4 Jun 2018 in Blood Disorders

Answered by Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You may have some infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, dear
I have gone through your question.
I can understand your concern.

Your total wbc count is slightly high. So most probably it is due to some infection. Your urine report is normal.

Please tell me about your symptoms also. you can confirm infection by testing CRP level.

You should take antibiotics treatment according to your symptoms.

I will wait for your follow up.

Hope I have answered your question. If you have any doubts then feel free to ask me. I will be happy to answer. Thanks for using health care magic.
Wish you a very good health.

Follow-up: Is a bacterial infection indicated in the CBC test results? 43 minutes later
Sir
thanks for reply.
My son who is student came to me on winter vacation .He will returned back on 2nd January. so what are the test required please tell.
My queries that DLC parameters showing ok but why ALC parameter showing elevated? I am worried about elevated lymphocytes in ALC.WHICH ONE IS MORE ACCURATE DLC OR ALC. With CRP ANY OTHER TEST REQUIRED .
He has no symptoms of fever/weight loss/appetite loss or any skin rashes .
He is not felling any problem except some nasal congestion

Answered by Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Just check CRP level.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, dear

I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern.

His total count is slightly elevated and in most cases it is due to infection. In few cases it may be physiological. Differential count is also important but it gives just percentage. So if percentage wise distribution of all type of WBC are same DLC may remains in normal range.

CRP is C reactive protein and it is marker of inflammation. So if he has high CRP then he need treatment. If it is normal then nothing to worry.

Other testing are not required right now. Don't worry much about that. It doesn't look serious.

Wish you a very good health.

Follow-up: Is a bacterial infection indicated in the CBC test results? 38 hours later
I have gone through your answer. Thanks for your response . Yesterday I went to local DR and shows my sons report.
DR advised following medecine
1. MONDESLOR --1 tab / after dinner
2. NAONEX NASAL SPRAY
3. MOXIKIND -CV 625 mg
4. CLTRAVITE
After five days adviced for CBC test

Answered by Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 25 hours later
Brief Answer:
Explained in detail.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, dear
Sorry for late reply due to my busy schedule.

Mondeslor is given in allergic rhinitis or other allergic condition. It help to improve nasal congestion. Your nasal spray is also anti inflammatory.

Moxikind is an antibiotic and I think he may have some upper respiratory tract infection.

Citravite is vitamin C and it is helpful in cough and cold also.

So in my opinion this all suggest some upper respiratory tract infection with nasal congestion. These all are routinely used medicine for common cold and cough with infection.

Take it according to advise. Get well soon.

Thanks for using health care magic.
Wish you a very good health.

Follow-up: Is a bacterial infection indicated in the CBC test results? 2 days later
thanks for telling in details foe each medicine. Perhaps this will be last option to ask question. Regarding my son I have to wait and what will be the next CBC result.
Can I want to take opportunity to ask other question which is not related with my son
Flow cytometry for CLPD carried out for my brother .cd5/cd19/cd20 positive .and monoclonal B cell count is 2375/ul.
Then carried out Bone marrow and biopsy -----SMZL found and dr suggested wait and watch treatment.
confused and worried also

Answered by Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
Rituximab can be used for SMZL.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, dear
Your elder brother has SMZL.

Treatment is not standardized. It depends on many factors like age, general health, spleen and others.

But Rituximab monotherapy can be used as a treatment option. But for that I need all details of your elder brother.

Thanks for using health care magic.
Wish you a very good health.