• question-icon

Is Prozac of 260 mg effective at treating panic attack?

Posted on Mon, 23 Apr 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hey I just took 260mg of Prozac and 100-150 (can't recall) mg of valium during a panic attack. Will I be fine?
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes you will be fine.

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for asking from HCM

The dose of Prozac of 260 mg is very high and this could land you in emergency. Valium is relatively safe drug and even high dose of the drug doesn't result in fatality. You might feel sedated and have dizziness due to that.

If you develop any symptoms like diarrhoea, dizziness, flashing of face, redness of face, nausea, vomiting or difficulty in breathing or palpitations then visit an ER.

Take plenty of water and you will be fine.

Thanks and Take care
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Psychiatrist