Is Helicobacter Pylori curable?
I had endoscopy. I have been diagnosed with Helicobacter Pylori after biopsy. What would be the proper Antibiotic treatment. Is this curable? How would I know that it has been cured after antibiotic. My stool test for Hpylori was negative but biopsy showed positive for Hpylori.
Thank you, XXXXXXX
Triple drug therapy for 21 days.
Yes, it is fully curable. Triple medicine therapy would be given to you consisting of Clarithromycin and Amoxocillin with Proton pump inhibitor for 21 days. H.pylori kit is available in the market, you can take it.
Hydrogen breath test would be done post therapy to see if it is cured or not.
Hope I was helpful. Let me know if I can assist you further. Thanks.
Dr. Ramesh Kumar
These are the Antibiotics I have started for 14 days:
1. Omeprazole 20mg ----1 cap 2 times a day.
2. Amoxicillin 500 mg ----2 caps 2 times a day.
3. Metronidazole 500mg ---1 tab 2 times a day.
4. Clarithromycin 500mg ---2 tab 2 times a day.
>They are lots of Antibiotic. I am concerned about the side effects. Should I be concerned about loose stool, yeast infection?
> What kind of diet should I apply?
>Can I take Melatonin, if I need it at the same time for Insomnia?
>If I experience common side effects should I still keep taking these Antibiotics until they are completed?
Thanks you, XXXXXXX
No, they are not a lot of antibiotics. This is the exact treatment which should be taken for treating H.pylori and you should follow it by heart to get complete eradication from H.pylori.
Loose stools can be a side effect of Amoxicillin. If it is bothering you too much, take Imodium up to thrice daily to control loose stools. For insomnia, I would suggest you take a better and safer medication like Zolpidem (prescription based medication) just before going to bed. It's safer and better than melatonin.
You need to complete the entire course for H.pylori eradication.
Side effects could be controlled by taking some medicines, as and when required.
Hope I was helpful. Thanks!
Dr. Ramesh Kumar
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Helicobacter pylori loose stools
- Helicobacter pylori excess saliva
- Helicobacter pylori and piles
- Helicobacter pylori h pylori
- Flucloxacillin helicobacter pylori
- Helicobacter pylori symptoms wikipedia
- Tinea helicobacter pylori
- Helicobacter pylori shortness of breath
- Helicobacter pylori and costochondritis
- Helicobacter pylori floaters
- Suggest treatment for dizziness, fatigue and nausea when diagnosed with...
- What causes constant abdominal bloating after gallbladder surgery?
- Suggest remedies for chronic hiccups
- Suggest treatment for severe cramps and abdominal pain
- What does my HIDA report result indicate?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea, low grade fever and abdominal pain
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of GERD
- Suggest treatment for severe acid reflux despite taking Nexium
- Does Tylenol Cold cause diarrhea when taken for cold and flu?
- Suggest treatment for multiple anal abscesses