Is Hawthorn extract safe to take with salicylic acid allergy?

Question
I am allergic to saicylic acic such as is found in cranberries. I just purchased a new supplement which contains Hawthorn Extract 600 mg. as a main ingredinet. Would it be safwe for me to take this product?

Thanks.
Posted Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Relatively safe product

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I went through your query and understood your concerns.

Hawthorn is a plant product with minimal side effects, not as such it doesn't contain salicylic acid. It depends on manufacturing company. You need to check on pack for contents of hawthorn. Which provides details on ingredients of pack.

Hope I answered your query. Feel free to ask further related query.