question-icon

Is HIV possible despite neagative HIV test results?

Posted on Wed, 30 Apr 2014
Question: Hi, I had protected sex with sex worker about 75+ days ago, I did one HIV Antibody test after 2 weeks which was negative, did one rapid blood test(finger prick test) after 5 week 3 days which was negative and did one more rapid blood test (finger prick test ) recently (74 days test). It was negative. What should I do? Shall I need more test or I am fine?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues (9 hours later)
Brief Answer: No more tests required; You are FINE. Detailed Answer: Hi there XXXXXXX I understand your anxiety. Allow me to be very unequivocal & clear in my answer to you.... You Are FINE. Please put your ghosts to rest & if that is a bother, perhaps a counsellor near you is the order of the day. If in the Bangalore region, I would be most happy to meet you one on one. Do practice safe sex as always. Good Luck & Godspeed. Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Praveen Rodrigues

Dermatologist