question-icon

Is HIV duo test done 3 months post exposure conclusive?

Posted on Thu, 8 Dec 2016
Question: hi doctor, I had unprotected sex with sex worker before 4 months, and I taken HIV duo test for after 3 months of exposure.. it's negative.. should I conclusive my testing?or need to take after 6 months after exposure.. and had you heard delayed seroconversion in recent days doctor..
Answered by Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti (33 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
HIV negative and Conclusive.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thank you for query. Welcome to health care magic.
I am Dr Bharatesh D Basti answering your query.

HIV Antibodies tests including the Duo test is conclusive after 3 months exposure. It is negative .
So you can allay fears of HIV. You are free from HIV, provided there is no further risk exposure.

There is no need for further HIV tests.

You can get back for any clarification.
Thank you
Dr Bharatesh D Basti
Dermatologist and venereolgist
Follow up: Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti (8 minutes later)
thanks doctor.. nowadays delayed sero conversion not possible doctor? can I start unprotected sex with my wife doctor? in future there is no problem doctor.. Iam not engaged any other risk in future also.
Answered by Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti (24 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
HIV negative.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thank you for follow up query.

Yes.You can lead a normal life. You need not worry about late seroconversion.
You are free from HIV. You can allay fears of HIV.
Faithful to one partner is best. It is good that you have decided not to take risk in future.

You can get back for any clarification.
Thank you
Dr Bharatesh D Basti
Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Dermatologist