Is Gentian violet safe and effective for recurrent yeast infections?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy
Question: I need to know what is safer gentian violet solution in a tampon for 12 days or acid borox suppositories in the vagina for recurrent yeast infections
also if it is good to combine clay taken internally with either of both
Have taken antibiotics before and has not worked
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Acid borax is better.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Gentian violet can cause allergy in some individuals. It also causes a lot of staining of your clothes. It is better to use a tampon dipped in yogurt or acid borax suppositories for recurrent vaginal infections.
Acid borax suppositories can be inserted for a week to get best results. Then continue it twice a week for next 3 weeks. It can cause burning and an increase in vaginal discharge initially. Discontinue the use in case it causes burning.
You can combine it with clay bentonite drink.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 23 hours later
I already started the gentian violet for 2 nights, how will these two chemicals interact, acid borax after using gentian violet? Could you please expand on the use of the yogurt, how , which, for how long, how many hours at a time, is it bad to sleep with tampon with yogurt,
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Continue with gentian violet.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
If you have already started using gentian violet and you are not allergic to it then it is best to continue using it. You can use tampons dipped in yogurt into your vagina twice a day. Be sure not to keep them inside for more than two hours. This can be used while using gentian violet.
Use the tampons for at least 7 days continuously and then twice a week for 3 weeks to have a complete relief.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.