Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Bruising, swelling after bitten by an insect, inhibits hand and wrist mobility, took medicines, swelling gone. Should I see a doctor for the bruise?

Got stung by an unknown insect while hiking. Im mobilized my hand with intense pain for about 10 minutes. Saw a small puncture wound which drew blood. Severe swelling in the next half hour. I went to the doctor when pain started shooting up my arm and neck. He did nothing for me. My hand felt like it was infected so i started taking generic amoxicilin and using epsom salt, bentonite clay, lavender and other medicinal plants as well as energy healing and light massage. Swelling has gone down completely aftera week. But now i have a huge hard bruised lump that inhibits my hand and wrist mobility and i just want to know if this is normal for or if i should go to the doctor again and risk not getting help.thanks!
Asked On : Mon, 13 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  78
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
1. likely to be infected from scratching, resulting in a hard lump under the skin.
2. See your doctor [ Rheumatologist/Orthopedic surgeon] for wrist mobility and for proper diagnosis and treatment, i.e. whether you need incision or antibiotic.

Answered: Sat, 12 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor