Infrequent sharp Chest pain like pin pricked in heart. Have occasional acid reflux. Is this because of reflux or any other issue?
Thanks for posting your query.
A pin prick like pain in the left side of your chest without any other symptoms like shortness of breath, palpitation, tachycardia, etc is likely to be related to Gastro esophageal reflux.
The pain also could be due to musculoskeletal inflammation - This can be diagnosed if the pain increases on specific movements or on direct pressure on the affected area. Such pain can respond to medications like Ibuprofen 400 mg taken three times a day. This generally resolves within a week.
If the pain increases on taking a XXXXXXX breath, then lung inflammation like pleurisy or bronchitis is likely.
It is important to find out the exact cause after physical examination and investigations. Hence, please see your Primary Doctor for complete examination and the treatment would follow accordingly.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Acidity chest pain after drinking wine having acid reflux advice
- Chest pain or acid reflux please help
- Acid reflux chest pain
- Sharp pains in throat acid reflux
- Severe acid reflux chest pain
- Acid reflux related chest pain
- How to treat chest pain with acid reflux
- Acid reflux chest pain symptoms
- Acid reflux with servere chest pain
- Taking lanzaprazole for acid reflux getting chest pain worrisome
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...