I went to my family Dr yesterday and had a
Kidney/Ureteric stones and/ Urinary tract infections need to be ruled out first...
Hello and Welcome to 'Ask A Doctor' service...
I've gone through your query in details...
I can understand your concerns...
Well, given your description, the first thing to rule out will be kidney/ureteric stone, along with any residual urinary tract infection. Although you have got a risk factor as your father had kidney disease, both these conditions can also cause such high levels of protein in the urine. So, they need to be investigated thoroughly at first.
To conclude the diagnosis, a re-evaluation by your family doctor along with a few relevant investigations are necessary (namely a repeat urine routine microscopy but this time along with Urine Culture and Sensitivity assay and an Ultrasound KUB) to look into it further...management can be done based on the findings...
For the pain and discomfort, you can take a relatively safer analgesic such as ACETAMINOPHEN (Tylenol) 500mg and antispasmodic i.e. BUSCOPAN, however, I'd emphasize on meeting your doctor at the earliest.
Please discuss this with your doctor and proceed further...
Avoid too many movements in the meanwhile, please continue drinking plenty of water (around 10cups per day at least) as well as cranberry juice to help to relieve the symptoms to some extent...Avoid irritant foods like too much coffee, tea and carbonated drinks, some acidic fruits i.e. oranges, grapefruits, limes, spicy foods for the time being.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for flatulence, acidity, lower chest pain and diabetes
- Suggest treatment for left-sided pain in lower ribs
- What do my lab test reports indicate?
- Is mild spinal disc space narrowing a sign of stenosis?
- Suggest treatment for lumps in groin area
- What is pulse oximetry?
- Suggest treatment for varicose veins
- What are the chances of brain damage for a heart attack patient?
- Suggest treatment for gall bladder stone
- Does intake of Etizola Beta help in treating anxiety and panic attacks?