I was hospitalized for 5days, diagnosed & treated for viral

Question
I was hospitalized for 5days, diagnosed & treated for viral pyrexia.
While discharge my Liver Function Test (LFT) parameters were little over the upper limits, which has further shot up per latest LFT results post 5days of discharge.
Please review the attached discharge summary & latest LFT report.
Kindly advise what should I do next. Shall I continue the treatment under a pulmonologist or consult any other specialist?

Muzaffar Aqhil, Mohammed
Fri, 9 Feb 2018 in Internal Doctor Category

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please re-attach the documents

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for contacting us

I see no document attached here.

Please re-attach the discharge summary and the reports.

I shall have a look at them and opine.

Waiting for your response

Follow-up: I was hospitalized for 5days, diagnosed & treated for viral 9 minutes later
Attached the discharge summary & latest LFT report

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 24 hours later
Brief Answer:
Consult a Gastroenterologist

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the reports,

I have gone through the LFT reports attached. The liver enzymes seems to be fluctuating but on the higher side almost every time. This indicates liver parenchymal damage either due to viral infection or any of the medications used during infection.

You may have to consult a Gastroenterologist who can evaluate and manage accordingly.

I believe these raised liver enzyme levels are transient and would subside on own. It is always better to have a expert opinion.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: I was hospitalized for 5days, diagnosed & treated for viral 23 minutes later
Thanks for your response.
I've attached the latest LFT report post discharge.
Please confirm, if I should start with a general physician or consult an expert.

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 days later
Brief Answer:
Getting better

Detailed Answer:

Sorry for the delayed response,

I have seen your latest LFT report. The enzyme levels seem to return towards normal but not normal entirely.

I would still recommend a visit to a gastroenterologist to be on the safer side. He/She can prescribe liver protective which can prevent any sort of damage in further days.

regards,

Follow-up: I was hospitalized for 5days, diagnosed & treated for viral 12 minutes later
Attached latest LFT done on 13th.. which shows increment on a few parameters..
kindly review and advise.

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Consult a Gastroenterologist

Detailed Answer:

Yes, I have seen the report.

SGOT 82
SGPT 68

The values do fluctuate as long as the insult to the liver exists. An aggravation can be expected with fatty or spice diet or simply the viral illness which caused it.

I would recommend a visit to gastroenterologist who can advice liver protectives and any other management necessary.