I was getting sharp pains in my right ear &
Answer few questions
Welcome to ask a doctor service
I have gone through your complaints and reviewed the attached photographs.
I need to ask you few questions:
Is pain and rash present only on the right side?
Is the rash in the form of solid bumps or fluid filled lesions?
Kindly revert with the answers.
The bumps range from the center back of my head about 4" above the hairline and neck to the right side behind the ear. The bumps appear to be solid as there has been no evidence of drainage. There is no itching or pain.
The ear-ache has greatly diminished, and there are infrequent episodes of short mild headaches (all on the right side.
Thank you very much for your assistance.
Herpes zoster, oral antivirals & topical antibiotic
According to your complaints it seems to be herpes zoster.
I would recommend you to take antivirals like tablet valciclovir 1 gram thrice daily for 7 days and apply topical antibiotic like fusidic acid cream on the affected areas twice daily.
These are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
I also started using Triamcinolone Acetonide cream last evening. Instructions say use twice daily.
Do you recommend finishing these meds?
If my situation gets worse I will go see a Doctor, unless you believe I should go immediately.
I just moved to Las Vegas, so I have not yet established a local Doctor.
Thank you for your assistance.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the symptoms of scabies?
- Suggest treatment for superficial folliculitis on inner thigh
- Suggest treatment for graying of hair and hair loss
- What causes red colored lesion on the hips?
- Suggest treatment for dry lips
- Suggest treatment for recurrent acne
- Suggest treatment for itching in the armpits
- What causes tiny skin tags in neck area?
- How to get rid of body lice?
- Suggest treatment for itching on neck, hands and legs