Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

I have severe pain in my left hip, buttock and groin area

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 4458 Questions
I have quite severe pain in my left hip, buttock & into the groin area. It is extremely painful when getting into or out of vehicle, standing up and walking, It also hurts when lying on it in bed or on the opposite side this is improved by placing a pillow between legs. I am unable to cross my legs.I also have pain in my knee under the patella
Posted Sat, 15 Mar 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Pain in hip on movement is arthritis Detailed Answer: Hello madam, I have studied your case. I will try my best to help you. From your history I think you are having hip arthritis. In this condition hip joint not remain spherical but becomes irregular. It hurts when patient sits on floor. For confirming diagnosis we have to get x ray of hip. Arthritis of hip can be treated with medications as well as surgery. As far as your pain in knee is concerned it can be a referred pain from knee joint. I mean because of hip disease knee can hurt too. This can also be confirmed by x ray. At present my suggestion to you is to show to an orthopedic surgeon. Till than you can take analgesic like tramadol. You will need to see a doctor to get a prescription for this medicine. Also calcium will help you. I hope this answers your queries. Let me know if you want to ask any thing else. Take care. Dr Sharma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor