I have pain and discomfort that normally comes and goes
Heart disease or costochondritis.
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor's service. I read your query and here is my advice.
First of all I can suspect that this pain is being caused by heart disease or heart attack . I would recommend you to do an ECG immediately or an ultrasound.
If these tests come to be negative then the pain may be caused by costochondritis.
Costochondritis is the inflammation of the junctions where upper ribs join the cartilage of sternum.
It can be caused by repeated trauma, overuse of arms or viral respiratory tract infections.
This is not a serious condition as is heart disease, can go away by its own or using antinflamatory drugs such advil.
Hope I have answered the question. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes black outs. I was standing by a door
- Hello, I've been a pack a day smoker for 42
- I received some insect (ant, chigger?) about two weeks ago.
- it seems everytime I try to swallow pork meat my
- My wife has been taken entecavir for 30 days as
- I was recently hospitalized for 6 weeks after overdosing on
- I am in major pain under my right breast/ rib
- Hey doctor, I just had a question I have been
- What could a persistent cough be from along with some
- I began weaning off 50mg of sertraline 3 weeks ago.