I have had vertigo off and on for years. On
Probably acid reflux due to indigestion, you should not be worried.
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
I understand your concern.
Your symptoms seem to be related to two different medical conditions.
Labyrinthitis is an inner ear disorder.
I agree with your doctor that the preferred treatment is Meclizine hydrochloride (Antivert)
You should take it daily for relief.
I also recommend avoiding consuming salt in your diet.
The second medical condition is acid reflux due to indigestion.
It causes burning in the upper part of the stomach.
I recommend using antacids such as Maloox two 5ml spoonfuls four times a day, 20 minutes to one hour after meals and at bedtime.
This will reduce the acid in the stomach.
I also recommend continuing using Omeprazole 20 mg to reduce the acidity in the stomach.
Avoid food and beverage that trigger symptoms such as caffeine, alcohol and spicy food.
You should not be worried, with the right treatment the system will pass very soon.
Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?