I have a small hard bump, about half the size

Dr. Antoneta Zotaj

Posted on Mon, 11 Feb 2019 in Lump
Question: I have a small hard bump, about half the size of a grain of rice, on the inside of my scrotum. It seems to be on the back wall of the scrotum, where the penile shaft goes inside the scrotum. The bump does not hurt when I touch it, and does not cause any other pain. I am wondering if it is a cyst, or possibly something else.
Answered by Dr. Antoneta Zotaj 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Scrotal bumps need a check with the doctor and ultrasound examination

Detailed Answer:

A bump in the scrotal area always needs to be evaluated by a doctor. Most of the times a benign condition is the cause (like cysts) but a physical examination and an ultrasound is always needed to confirm the nature of the bump.

By the location that you explain it might be related to the epididimus or the spermatic cord (these are structures in the back of the scrotum), still the ultrasound will determine the location and nature of the lump more precisely.

I hope this answers your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Antoneta Zotaj,
General and Family Physician

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T