I have a lump in my perineum . It started
Need more details...
I need a few details to understand the problem.
1. Since when did you notice the lump?
2. Does it hurt or cause redness over the skin surrounding lump?
3. How big is the lump? Can you send picture of the lump taken under broad day light!!
4. How does it feel on touch (soft, firm or hard)?
5. Do you have any other noticable symptoms?
Awaiting your responsible. Do you have any other questions.
Seems like an inflammatory lesion.
Tenderness and redness associated with the lump suggest it could be an inflammatory lump. The first possibility that I can think of in such situation is either an abscess or infected cyst. In my opinion you should see a doctor and preferably be started on oral antibiotic (amoxicillin + clavulanate) at the earliest. Do not try to pinch or pop it.
In the meanwhile icing the area might benefit you. You may also take over the counter antiinflammatory agents like ibuprofen for pain relief.
Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Random body aches. Is this the symptoms of flu?
- What is the difference between functional dyspepsia and appendicitis?
- Having spondylisthesis, DDD, facet artropathy, bulging discs. Taking...
- Addicted to tobacco. Tried nicotex chewing gum. Unable to open mouth and...
- Is amitriptyline safe medicine for polymyalgia? What are the affect of...
- Recommended amino acids and proteins after workout. How much protein...
- Diabetic. Have hepatic encephalopathy. Treated with lactulose. Should I...
- Looking best medicine for urinary tract infection
- Had shoulder injury. Hurts to lift arm and having burning sensation on...
- Bruise appeared on thigh after scratching. Hurts to touch. Why is this...