I get injections of testosterone cypionate (one milliliter) once every
Probably the symptoms are related to a side effect of the injection.
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
I understand you concern.
I kindly want to ask if the swelling is at the injection site?
If the swelling is at the injection side, it can be a normal reaction of the skin.
I recommend to use anti inflammatory medication to reduce the swelling, such as Acetaminophen 500 mg.
I also recommend to use cool compresses for relief.
The swelling will go away in a few days, so I suggest you not to worry.
You can post point the next injection until the swelling has gone.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Probably water retention due to the testosterone injections.
Hi again dear,
Thank you for the information.
The swelling of the hand is probably relates to the water retention.
It is a common side effect of the testosterone injections.
I recommend postponing the next injection.
Meanwhile, I recommend to do a complete blood count and a cardiovascular check up for further evaluation.
After the examinations you can contact me again for further treatment.
Take care dear,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?