Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

I am having vertigo. Feeling tingling in legs, hands and arms, shakes and blurred vision. Any suggestion?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 442 Questions
helpI have shakes vertigo. delayed. thinking. speech issues now my left hand feels like jello. I have had tingling n my legs feet and hands arms. trouble swallowing. at times and vision. blurred. plz help
Posted Fri, 31 Aug 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sourav Ganguly 3 hours later

Thanks for your query.

I am a General Physician pursuing my carrier in the field of Neuro-psychiatry. I have gone through your concerns with diligence. I would be able to understand your problems if you can provide me with more information’s. So please do not mind in answering the following:

1.     What is your age?
2.     How long you have been suffering from these symptoms?
3.     Can you describe your speech, vision and swallowing problems in details?
4.     Do you have undergoes any neuro-imaging (CT/MRI scan of brain)?

I am waiting to help you.

Dr Sourav Ganguly
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: I am having vertigo. Feeling tingling in legs, hands and arms, shakes and blurred vision. Any suggestion? 30 minutes later
36 yrs old and for about 4 yrs just since july. the blurred. vision. I had a really. bad bout of vertigo. lasted a wk after that I cant. seem to regain. strength. my speech. was slurred. I was so worn out. I couldn't. speak. heat seems. to worsen. I get choked on food even soft food like. pudding. its like. I swallow. an forget what to do. been treated. for vettgio n 2008 but no MRI or anything. I do have. close. family. with ms that's my fear
Answered by Dr. Sourav Ganguly 13 hours later
Thanks for your query.
Your symptoms complexes of blurred vision, dysphagia, slurred speech, vertigo, forgetfulness are characteristic features of multiple sclerosis. So you have to rule out the disease first.
You need to do an urgent MRI scan of brain and spine to see evidence of demyelination, Cerebrospinal fluid examination to see oligoclonal band.
So please consult a neurologist as early as possible, test to be done for proper diagnosis and follow his advice for further management.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer and write a review.
Wish you good health.
Dr Sourav Ganguly
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor