question-icon

I am a male, age 75, and have taken 300MG

Posted on Tue, 2 Apr 2019
Question: I am a male, age 75, and have taken 300MG of Invokana daily for a few years. Over the past year or so I have developed extreme itching in my crotch - pretty much at the junction of my scrotum & the inside of my upper leg. I end up scratching it raw. Tried taking Benedryl and using Neosporin but they don't help. Suggestions?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Miconazole ream

Detailed Answer:
HI,

Invokana causes glycosuria - glucose in urine. This can lead to recurrent genital fugal infections. The foreskin of the penis is the most affected part, but sometimes the fungal infection can spread around.

I suggest you to use Miconazole cream , applied twice daily . This acts better ad helps you get rid of the problem.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Dr. Raju A.T