I am 47 years old woman....I have had a sometype
Not normal. Needs investigations.
Thanks for posting your query.
You are having prolonged vaginal bleeding,a menstrual disorder called Menorrhagia.
There are many causes for having such heavy bleeding commonest being:-
-Female hormone imbalance,
-Disorders of the uterine lining,
-Uterine,ovarian or cervical cancer,
-Dysfunctional uterine bleeding, to name a few.
To rule out these you should go for blood profile, ultrasonography, thyroid profile, endometrial biopsy, hormonal profile or sometimes you require D&C.
You can try the following till you get your test reports done.
1) Take iron supplement.
2) Use Trapic-MF, ibuprofen and oral contraceptive pills to stop bleeding. You will need a written prescription from a doctor for these medicines.
3) You can go for minera IUD once your cause is ruled out.
4) Eat healthy and leafy vegetables and fruits.
5) D&C may also be helpful in some cases.
You should consult a gynecologist and get your examination and investigations done.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...