I am 28yr old and i am trying to conceive

Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale

Posted on Sun, 6 Jan 2019 in Women's Health
Question: I am 28yr old and i am trying to conceive for 1.6yrs.. Last month we consulted a doctor and she gave me siphene 100mg for 5days (D2- D7) and progynova 2mg for 10days.. Our hormonal studies was normal.. Also semen analysis.. And did egg monitoring from day 10to 13..
On 10th itself it was 23*19
11th 29*24
12th 36*26
And there are multiple large follicles found in both right and left..
So on 15th day doc give me decapeptyl 0.2 injection.. And cabergoline for 3 days.. And on 18th onwards tab duphaston for 10days..
What is actually happening to me..??
I have problem for arthritis also..and i am taking saaz 1g and methyl prednisolone 5mg
Is there any effects for fertility by these medications
Answered by Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Some more information please.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Lekharosh 143,
Thanks for asking. I understand your concern.
You had been given multiple drug regieme for helping conception...it is bit confusing &very difficult to comment on , unless I know all of your investigation reports.You say your hormone levels are normal..Could you please send me the reports?
Have you undergone usg pelvis to note the ovulation study? what other investigations were advised&done... please send me everything that had been assessed.
what treatment you had taken in last 6 years...that also I would like to know.
After co relating every thing I would be in a position to comment & give justice to your query.
* Saaz is not recommended to be taken in pregnancy or while trying for pregnancy. I would advise you to consult your treating doctor discussing this issue.
Waiting for added information to facilitate giving proper answer.
Thanks.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad