Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
179 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How to treat ligament injuries ?

Answered by
Dr. Raju A.T

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2008

Answered : 4017 Questions

Posted on Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in TMJ
Question: hi i have been have bad foot paid for 8 weeks now after falling about 20ft onto the grass and i landed on my feet. i went to a&e and they said there is nothing wrong with it the xrays are clear but i am still having problems with it as it rolls in so i have no arch then it makes me fall over after a while as it is unstable. have u any idea what it could be
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later
Hi Winnie,

Thanks for your query.

I suspect the cause for the pain you have is probably a ligamental injury, since its a wight bearing part of the limb .The pain will be a bit long lasting type and the recovery is always late.

I suggest you to use a brace or apply a crepe bandage which will immobilize the affected part and help you to recover fast, also to alleviate the pain do apply Diclofenac gel over the affected area.

Xrays can rule out fractures in about 90% of suspected cases, some like hair line fractures can be missed.

If the pain doesn't subside over the above efforts, do go for a repeat Xray with good exposure ( with good resolution ).

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Raju A.T 6 hours later
what sort of brace do u think will be best as i have an ankle wrap and it doesnt work as it still rolls in. if i get a brace would i be able to walk or even drive
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 9 hours later
Hi ,

Yes, you can walk with the brace on.

Try Mueller ATF® Pro-Style Ankle Braces, they have better compliance.

Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics ,  

Recent questions on  Orthotics

doctor1 MD

I broke my fibula on Oct 29th - non displaced lower fracture about 4 inches above the ankle. I have a ankle brace now but have noted increase...

doctor1 MD

hi My son, 19, jumped down from stoop (about 3 ) and when he landed his ankle twisted but he is having pain in his knee. I told him (RICE) for now...

doctor1 MD

my son 17, at 6 foot 2 and 178lbs had his acl repaired april last year. he plays football lacrosse and wrestles. just recently he heard a pop in...

doctor1 MD

my knee was tilted laterally when wave hits my leg in opposite direction after that i have fallen down four times while playing , after about...

doctor1 MD

I've been walking daily for exercise and have developed pain in the bottom of my right foot. It seems to be in the arch and outer portions of the...

doctor1 MD

I believe I have a ruptured Achilles’ tendon. I’m on Medicare and want to avoid $$ going to both a podiatrist and an orthopedic doctor. Which...

doctor1 MD

For the past few months the bottom of my left heel hurts and difficult to walk on. Mainly hurts after I work out or if I am on it a lot during a day.