Ask a Urologist   »  

How to test for urinary tract infection?

Question
I'VE HAD BLADDER INF TION BEFORE. I FEEL IN GETTING ANOTHER ONE AT THIS TIME. BLADDER FEELS BLOWDER. I HAVE TO PUSH DOWN MORE TO PEE. MY( ERE) (THA). HURTS. I TAKE LAXITIVES BECAUSE OF MEDS THAT CAUSES ME POOPY BLOCK UP. AND SOME TIMES THE( BACK TIEREEA) GOT IN THE GIRLY AREA. IM NOT BLEEDING YET. DO I HAVE ONE COMING ON. THANK YOU CINDI AND YES CRA BERRY JUICE AND WATER, AND THE PURPLE PILL TO STOP THE COMSTEND PEE ACTION. CINDI AGE 38, NOT MARRIED, NO KIDS, AND NOT SEX ACTIVE AT THIS TIME

I FEEL LIKE I HAVE A BLADDER INFETION COMING ON. NOT BLEEDING YET. FEEL LIKE IM BLOADED AND HAVE TO PEE. MY BLADDER TUBES HURT. FOR ME THIS IS NORMAL WHEN A BLADDER INFECTION STARTS. I WANT TO KNOW DO I CALL MY DR. TOMOR. AND GET A SCRIPT. I JUST DON'T WANT TO WAIST MY TIME IN THE ER TONIGHT.
Posted Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
possibly urinary tract infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Going by the description of your symptoms it's possibly Urinary tract infection.
In the absence of fever there is no need to rush to er

I would suggest you to consult your doctor
1. Urine Routine and microscopic examination
2. Urine culture and antibiotic sensitivity

Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.

Best regards
Dr T Shobha Deepak
MBBS, MD