How to test blood sugar levels?
Thanks for your query.
The three tests that are needed for checking diabetes are fasting blood sugar, 2 hr glucose tolerance test and HbA1C.
Among these fasting blood sugar is run initially. It is done after atleast 8 hr fasting. Other tests follow as needed.
Hope it helps.
Diet exercise and metformin
That is a high blood fasting sugar. Please repeat the test after atleast 8 hr fasting and also do other tests (mentioned above) to confirm.
Anyways you need to restrict sugar intake in food. Avoid sugary foods like sweets, chocolates, juices, fruits, milk, milk products, etc. Take high protein diet for example boiled black chana. Many food items have shown to lower blood sugar levels like karela-jamun juice, fenugreek seeds etc.
Second important aspect is regular exercise atleast 20 min a day. It increases the sensitivity to insulin.
Metformin is usually started initially alongwith regular monitoring of blood sugar levels.
Watch your weight.
Hope it helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to stabilize blood sugar levels without exercise
- How to reduce blood sugar levels immediately
- How to reduce blood sugar level
- How to test blood sugar
- How to bring down blood sugar levels quickly
- How to reduce fasting blood sugar level
- How high can your blood sugar level be
- How to control the blood sugar level and high bp
- How do you test sugar levels with lucozade
- How bad is blood sugar level 57