Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

How to reduce weight when have problem of leg pains?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
Hi doctor, i am XXXXXXX 27year old 5.11ft height and 95kg weight around 27-28kg extra than my ideal weight . I am currently planning to reduce my weight. but my actual problem in legs pain my keens and ankle pains very much. what should i do for. cant bear the pain. pls help Regards, XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 5 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: Obesity can cause leg pains Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX I have read your query. I am glad your are planning to reduce your weight. Your actual problem of pain in legs, knees, and ankle is due to the excess body weight that you are carrying around. If the pain is severe, you can take pain killers like Brufen or Voveran for relief. You need to exercise daily to reduce the pain as well, as regular exercise causes new bone generation, and prevents osteoporosis. Meanwhile, get your serum calcium, Vitamin D and Vitamin B12 levels tested as well. Hope this helps you. Regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: How to reduce weight when have problem of leg pains? 27 minutes later
Hi doctor, Thanks for reply. You have mentioned about some tests. What are the benefits of taking those tests. Can i take those tests in any general hospital ? I request you to answer for this question. Regards, XXXXX
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 hours later
Brief Answer: tests done to detect deficiency Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX I have suggested you to get serum calcium, Vitamin D and Vitamin B12 levels tested. It is to check of deficiencies of these substances in your body. As deficiency of this is most common cause of pain in legs, knees and ankles, I have suggested you to undergo the tests. If there is deficiency, you can be treated accordingly, and your pain would go away. You can take these tests at any standard diagnostic laboratories like Ranbaxy, thyrocare. I doubt the tests would be done in a general hospital. Thank you!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor