How to protect ears of a baby from pressure changes while flying?
How to protect the ears of the baby while take off and landing of aircraft?
In case baby dont take feed, what ate the options?
Feeding the baby during take off and landing can help.
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
During takeoff or during landings, the cabin pressure changes and the pressure in the outer ear canal changes with it, but the pressure in middle ear may not. In general we swallow to equalize this pressure. Try and feed your baby during take off and landing if possible, as this is likely to normalize the pressure difference between ear canal and middle ear and thus reduce ear pain from developing in your child. Not all babies get ear pain and it should not be a cause of major problem if the child does not feed during a short air journey. If the baby is sleeping, it anyway means the child does not have any difficulties. In such a case, it would not really be a problem if the child does not feed. Ear plugs for babies are available but it is optional and you can do without it if you want. Do not worry, if the child feels hungry, it will feed anyway.
Hope that helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Burst ear drum flying pressure
- Ear pressure relief while flying
- Ear pressure while bending
- How to balance unequal pressure in ears
- Ear bleeding while flying
- Severe ear pain while flying
- Ear ache pressure in ear
- Ear pain while flying
- Ear damage in babies through flying
- Pressure in ears while marijuana
- Suggest treatment for autism spectrum disorder
- What causes loose stools post cesarean operation?
- Suggest treatment for rash on a 4 yr old
- What do light colored skin patches on thigh indicate?
- Suggest treatment for fever and sore throat in a child
- What causes swelling in head of an infant?
- Can Taxim O Forte and Vizylac be given together?
- Suggest treatment for anorectal malformation in a down syndrome child
- What causes vomiting after feeding breast milk?
- Suggest treatment for persistent high fever