Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

How to improve erection and sperm count?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infertility Specialist
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 673 Questions
I have been married since 5 yrs currently. Till now we didn't have a baby.My sperm count was less. How can i improve erection and sperm count. Kindly advice
Posted Wed, 27 Mar 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 13 hours later

Thanks for your query.

Looking at your semen analysis & scan report following things are suggested,

1. If you had done semen analysis only once, kindly repeat it once again with 3-4 days of sexual abstinence, because there is naturally wide variation in sperm count when tested at different times.

2. Scan report suggests varicocele, but it’s not sufficient evidence to get treatment for varicocele. You can get yourself examined by any experienced urologist/infertility specialist for clinically significant varicocele (grade II, III or IV). If clinically significant varicocele is present, you can get it treated by a small operation to improve sperm count. If clinically significant varicocele is not present no need to treat it.

3. For further improvement, you can do hormone tests like FSH, testosterone, E2 & TSH levels & get any abnormality treated.

4. If you do not have diabetes, erection problem is psychogenic. You can take medicines like Viagra for few days, but mostly counselling should be sufficient to treat it.

5. Regarding conception other factors like below have to be consider to comment on.
Your wife's age,
Status of uterine tubes,
Previous treatment taken &
Your semen report, after correction of the factors mentioned above.

Hope I answered your query.

Please do let me know if there are any other concerns.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Infertility Spclst

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor