How to bring down blood sugar level?

Dr. Minal Mohit

Endocrinologist

Posted on Thu, 28 Aug 2014 in Diabetes
Question: I am diabetic for the last 15 years .i take insulen [mixtard30\70,human] 56 units[40 morning before breakfast, 16before dinner]+glimulen-MF2TABLETS+VOLIX.3mg2tablets+Telisartan-H-1TABLET DAILY.But inspite of all this my blood sugar remains 170mg/dl morning and200mg/dl pp.I do yoga and 45 mts walk every day.Kindly advise minimum dose of medicines. so i can stay healthy.

Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Increase the evening dose.

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir hi ! one solution to your problem is increase the evening dose of insulin to 22 units. and continue rest if the treatment same. recheck in a weeks time and let me know. regards!