How pain full is Hemorrhoid surgery?

Posted on Tue, 1 Apr 2014 in General Health
Question: How pain full is Hemorrhoid surgery. I an hearing all kinds of things.. And about to have it.
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: Moderate pain Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query Any surgery done anywhere in the body will cause slight pain but the anesthetic agents used these days are extremely good and you will be comfortable during the procedure however post procedure you might face little difficulty while passing stools, for this your doctor will make sure appropriate medications like lactulose and pain killers are given to make you comfortable. Do not worry about pain, there are very good painkillers to take care of it. I wish you all the best for your surgery If you have any further queries please get back to me Regards
Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha

Nephrologist