question-icon

How long does it take for percocet to show in urine?

Posted on Mon, 21 Jul 2014
Question: How long does it take for percocet to show in urine? If I take 15 mg three hours before a drug screen will it show as positive for oxycodone? I ask because I have to test positive at my dr's office and I don't take them unless I need them but he wants me to test positive for it to prescribe it.
Answered by Dr. Praveen (5 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Gets detected after 3-4 hours

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear.Thanks for giving me an opportunity to answer your query.

8-14% of oxycodone is excreted in the first 24 hours and is detected in urine for the next 3-4 days .Three hours is good time for the drug to appear in urine since the drugs elimination half life is approximately 3-4 hours.

Hope this answers your query.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Praveen