How long does it take for full recovery after cauterization of moles?

Question
Hi. I had several light colored moles (they looked sort of like pimples) on my nose cauterized three days ago. Brown scabs formed later that day and the day after, and then I started putting vaseline on them yesterday. Now the spots are all very pink/red. How long before I should see some improvement? It looks terrible!
Posted Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rovena Murati 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
It may takes 4-6 weeks to achieve full result.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!
I read carefully your query and understand your concern.
Well 3 days after mole removal is too early to see the results.

It is normal that after the mole removal through cauterization a scab will develop, and then heal within a week or two.You should keep a bandage over the area for a few days to keep infection out of the wound.
Do not irritate the scab and let it fall off naturally. Once the scab had flaked off (one to two weeks after the procedure), you can stop wearing a bandage over it and treat it like normal skin.

Also any redness that occurs will disappear within two to four weeks.
The wounds will heal and you would achieve the full results by 4 – 6 weeks.
Most scars that do appear slowly fade over time ( one to three years).

You need to be patient and don't be discouraged so soon.It takes some time for the skin to recover completely.

Meanwhile you should care for the area by keeping it clean and free from bacteria.
Don't expose the area in sun ,apply sunscreen in the area .

Hope it was of help.
Let me know if you have any additional question.

Regards!

Dr.Rovena Murati