How long does an ankle injury take to heal?

Posted on Tue, 21 Jul 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: had an ankle injury on medial malleolus bone and was operated in XXXXXXX 2013
its been 2 years and i want to get the screw removed
so if i get it removed , what is the healing period?
can i be full weight bearing the very next day after surgery
attached pics of x ray(the x ray was done in 2013)
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes you can bear weight from next day.

Detailed Answer:
I have seen the attached X-ray. The screw can be removed through a small incision on the medial malleolus. The wound may take 5-7 days to heal. But you can bear full weight from the very next day after the surgery. The small hole left by the screw gets filled up on its own in a week. The removal will not affect the bone strength.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon