How long does an ankle injury take to heal?
its been 2 years and i want to get the screw removed
so if i get it removed , what is the healing period?
can i be full weight bearing the very next day after surgery
attached pics of x ray(the x ray was done in 2013)
Yes you can bear weight from next day.
Thanks for posting your query.
I have seen the attached X-ray. The screw can be removed through a small incision on the medial malleolus. The wound may take 5-7 days to heal. But you can bear full weight from the very next day after the surgery. The small hole left by the screw gets filled up on its own in a week. The removal will not affect the bone strength.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ankle injury causes
- Growth plate in ankle injuries
- Ankle injury inside of ankle
- How to heal ankle injury with coldnessblack and blue bruising
- How to fake an ankle injury
- Ankle injury painful swelling why healing process
- Childhood ankle injury causes
- Ankle injury swelling treatment
- Traumatic ankle injury causes
- Can i take zipsor for ankle injury ?