How long does Zanidip take to lower the BP?
maximal effect in a couple of hours, progessively increasing effect before
zanidip effect may be different depending on the contents of the stomach. If the stomach is empty then the maximal effect is expected in a couple of hours after ingestion (1.5-3.0 hours). Depending on the stomach contents, faster absorption may occur. Before it reaches the maximal effect, a progressively higher influence on blood pressure occurs but I have no specific data for that. It's reasonable to expect a mild effect 15-20 minutes after ingestion.
I hope it helps!
You can contact me again, if you'd like more information.
more time or drugs are required
If your usual blood pressure is around 180mmHg then this drug alone won't fix it. Please keep in mind that most antihypertensive drugs need to be taken for at least a couple of weeks for their full potential to become evident but you probably should not expect more than 20mmHg of blood pressure reduction with any single drug.
Please also make sure that you are measuring your blood pressure with a validated device and in a proper setting (no physical activity or psychological stress and no pain, sitting calmly for 10 minutes).
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How long does it take to lower your bp
- How long does losartan takes for bp management
- How long does it take the med triamhctz to lower bp
- How long metropolol takes to lower bp
- How long does it take to lower bp with medication
- How long before coq10 lowers bp
- How to lower bp naturally
- How quick does it take lisinopril to lower bp?
- How long does it take for bp meds to bring bp down
- How long for ramipril medication to lower bp