How long does Valium stay in the body?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Sat, 4 Mar 2017 in Mental Health
Question: I was admitted to hospital with server anxiety/panic attack on Wednesday and Thursday night during that time they gave me around 90mg of Valium, I have a urine drug test this following Monday and I work in safety so i can't have Valium in my system, how
Can I flush it out? I went and saw my GP today and he said there's some masking products you can buy, but wouldn't give me any name..

I'm happy to buy something illegal that flushes it out otherwise I'll loose my job

Obviously not illegal interms of street drugs just covering agents or something that will get it out of my system
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There is nothing to beworried as long as you do not have overdose symptoms

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

You have been given 90 mg of Valium over a period of two days .Since most of the drugs gets eliminated from the body within 24 hours through urine and you are not having symptoms of toxicity You should not be worried at all .

.The remaining Valium will get excreted within next 48 hours and not be detetced in blood or urine test .

Following general measures will help to eliminate it from your body queckly
1) Drink more water to produce more urine
2) You may take diuretic drug like Fresemide twice daily with due precaution to drink more water
3) You can take Charcol .This will avoid absorption of remaining Valium from the gut

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 13 minutes later
Ok thanks
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
O.K Bye

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .
Have a good luck .

Thanks and Regards,
Dr.Patil.