question-icon

How long does Oxymorphone stay in the system for urinalysis?

Posted on Wed, 20 Jul 2016
Question: I take oxymorphone every day when I take my ua my doc ask me to its not showing up I need to give him a reason why its not showing up
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe (16 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question.

Oxymorphone will never show up in a UA (urinalysis). It will show up in a Utox (urine toxicology screen). You need to take a Utox rather than a UA to prove you are taking it. I'm not sure why your doctor would ever want evidence of oxymorphone in your urine -- why is your doctor asking for this?

Please remember to rate and close this answer thread when you are finished and satisfied.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist