How long does Marijuana remain in the body?
I last smoked marijuana 2 months and a week ago (average .75-1 gram a week) and my hair is currently at 5/8th of an inch (Just recently cut it). I recently got a job offer that requires me to take a hair test sometime in the next few weeks, and I also took one puff 19 days ago of a half cigarette half marijuana. I'm trying to figure out if I have a chance to test negative or should I just turn down the offer to save myself the embarrassment of failing a drug test.
you can move forward, after few weeks test will be negative
Thanks for writing to us.
I can understand your concern.
Your regular last intake was before 65 days ago(0.75-1 gm per week). Single dose before 19 days does not affect hair follicle test results.
In general hair follicle test comes positive for marijuana around 90 days which can be extended up to 120 days.Considering your intake it should not be positive for more than 90 days.
You mentioned that company will take test after few weeks. If test will be done after 4 weeks , it will be negative likely.(65+28 days = more than 90 days)
It is good idea that you can confirm before actual test via clinic and get assured that there will be no issue.
Hope I have answered your query, I will be happy to help further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How can the smell of marijuana be removed from body
- Marijuana cessation effects on body
- Body rash in marijuana
- Red dots on body because of marijuana
- How long is marijuana in newborns
- Does marijuana affect hpv in the body
- Does marijuana increase hemoglobin in the body
- How long does marijuana stay in your body
- How long does marijuana stay in the body system with out a spleen
- How long will 3 puffs of marijuana stay in my body