How long do withdrawal symptoms of Oxytocin last?
the acute withdrawal is going to be mostly gone
by 5 to 7 days.
Many many things to say:
1) the withdrawal symptoms peak by 2-4 days after stopping short acting narcotics and dwindle down by 7 days.
2) there are many many ways that the discomfort may be minimized without any addictive substances. Any nausea medicine including ginger ale and over the counter medicines can be helpful for the nausea. Clonidine... a prescription blood pressure medicine... damps down the withdrawal symptoms including shakes and sweats.
3) there are much better pain medicines for gout pain and narcotics are never the first choice. Indomethacin is very effective on the pain AND stops the gout attack in most.
4) there are several medicines that are non-narcotic that might help on diabetic nerve pain but none is even 50/50 likely to work. Anything that is a nerve pill might damp down nerve pain this includes drugs with lidocaine like effects (amitryptiline) lidocaaine patches, and anti-epileptic drugs like gabapentin and pregabalinn.
What kind of medical advice can you give him doctor?
different class of medicines
While pregabalin (lyrica) has been (uncommonly) reported to have addiction and withdrawal, it is an anti-epileptic with some additional (mild) valium like effects. While withdrawal and even seizures have been reported with discontinuation of pregabalin, this is uncommon.
It is a different drug with different effects than narcotics. It is not close to guaranteed to work in diabetic neuropathy. If it doesn't work, then use of it for under a week is very unlikely to cause addiction nor withdrawal. If it does work, then the risk might be worth it. These are general comments and prescribing and more specific information would have to come from a doctor examining the patient.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Oxycodone withdrawal symptoms how long
- Percocet withdrawal symptoms how long
- Zolpidem withdrawal symptoms how long
- Lorazepam withdrawal symptoms how long
- Oxycontin withdrawal symptoms how long
- Hydrocodone withdrawal symptoms how long
- Celexa withdrawal symptoms how long
- Citalopram withdrawal symptoms how long
- Amitriptyline withdrawal symptoms how long
- Ambien withdrawal symptoms how long