How is HPV transmitted?

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Dear Dr.

Recently I went for body massage and the girl cover only her genital parts and start the job in between she has remove her underwear but I told her to put back then she fully covered and no visible, but scared from her genital to her underwear got any HPV then through her hand to my hand because as soon as she left I start to take bath but the first thing I touch my genital. what is the probability to get HPV. All website mentions that genital to hand and genital transmissions possible. The Steps as follows:
1) From her genital to her underwear
2) From her underwear to her finger
3) From her finger to my finger
4) Finally I touch my genital specially without wash my hands, this all transaction take about 20 Minites.

Please evaluate the risk to get HPV

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Very minial if not Zero!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

The chances that you contract HPV from this are very minimal and close to zero. If it were this easy to transmit the infection, then almost everyone else would have had the infection through simple handshake with others in our everyday's life.

There is no point in getting worried here. Be calm and relaxed about this.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Thanks for using our services this day for your health related questions.

Follow up: Dr. Ivo Ditah 3 hours later
Dear Dr. Ivo Ditah,

Thanks for you answer,

I have to tell you that she is sex worker in the middle only I came to know, then everything stop. What will be the probability if the the following happen, this is more chance to happen.

1) From her finger to my finger if already the virus there in her finger

2) Then I touch my genital specially without wash my hands, this all transaction take about 20 Minites.

Her hands were dry and my hand also dry

3) HPV can pass through dry hand to dry hand possible?

Still is it minimal close to zero

because of this I can not touch my child and wife, I am very stress and scared to touch anyone, waiting for your reply.

XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please, there is absolutely minimal risk!

Detailed Answer:

I will like that you express whether you have always been this worried about infections in the past or this is the very first time?

The risk here is almost zero if not zero. Being worried despite reassurance after a careful evaluation of the risk is makes me concerned about what the cause of your fear is.

In all, it is close to ZERO. Feel free, go ahead and interact with your family and the public without fear of endangering or contaminating anyone.

I wish you well. I hope this helps.
Follow up: Dr. Ivo Ditah 50 minutes later
Dear Dr.Ivo Ditah,

Thanks for your reply, It makes me confident and this is very first time I start to worry after seen in the internet that HPV can be transmitted through Genital to Hand and Hand to Genital.

I have only two Question to get full clear about my full doubt that HPV can transmitted from dry hand to dry hand and HPV can survive in the dry hand more than 20 min maximum time

if these are very minimal or not possibility then my worry will be over. please evaluate this risk correctly not to give confident to me

Thanks & Regards,
XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
See below!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for this follow up.

You can always decide on whether to free yourself from a worrisome situation after getting full assurance from a physician or to stay chained to the worry. I have evaluated this risk carefully and there is no reason to get worried. all physicians would have gotten this if that is how simple it got to contract this illness.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Stay calm and relaxed.