How far is the cervix from the vaginal opening?

Dr. Chintan Solanki

Psychiatrist

Posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 in Sexual Health
Question: Hoe far is a woman's cervix from the opening of her vagina. Does the penis normally hit the cervix during sex?
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
it ranges from 6 to 14 cm

Detailed Answer:

Length of vagina varies according to race, body physique and age. In general it ranges from 6 to 14 cm. During arousal due to relaxation size increases up to 1 to 3 cm.
Size of penis during erection ranges from 7 cm to 15 cm.
Considering these facts penis normally hits cervix during sex almost most of the times.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be happy to help further.
Dr.Chintan Solanki.

Follow up: Dr. Chintan Solanki 4 minutes later
Okay, this might be hard to answer but when you ejaculate is it possible to ejaculate sperm straight into the cervix? And if your count is 10 million what are the odds you conceive naturally?
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It depends on the day of female menstrual cycle day

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

Yes considering above facts during successful sex sperms are likely ejaculated in cervix.

To become pregnant female should remain in supine (lying down/sleeping) position for at least half an hour so sperms can reach deep in to cervix or uterus.
Sperms can live there in uterus for 4-5 days. In female if ovulation has occurred just before a day or after 3 days of sex possibility is there that ovum and sperm can meet successful and female conceives.
But 10 million sperms are not sufficient according to WHO. At least 20 million sperms per ml are required to be said normal.

In conclusion in your question if female is in fertile period 10-20% chances of pregnancy are there.

Feel free to discuss further.

Follow up: Dr. Chintan Solanki 3 minutes later
So theres a 10-20% chance with 10 million sperm count or is that with normal count 20 million or above?
And what considered fertile period how many days before ovulation?
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
no it is with 10 million sperms

Detailed Answer:

I have mentioned chances for 10 million sperms with all other positive factors.

Pregnancy occurs when sperm meets ovum in uterus. Ovulation from ovary occurs roughly around 14th day of menstrual cycle (when menses begins count it 1st day). Pregnancy can occur when successful intercourse occurs in +/- 2 days of ovulation.