How effective is triamcinolone in treating itching on calfs and arms?
I have been using the cream uou have advised to use for my latest problem(triamcinolone) on my calfs and arms, but do not see much of the result. It is still itching and did not reduce in dize. Please advise
Kindly post me latest Images
Hello. Welcome back.
Kindly post me the latest digital images. Post me as many as you can..
Have the rashes increased?
Are you taking Oral antihistamine that I suggested i.e Cetrizine?
Should get better over next few days; can change to potent topical steroids
Thank you for Images.
Seems a little better. Been just 2 days since you have been using triamcinolone acetonide 0.1%. Should get better over the next few days i.e may be a week.
Continue with the same cream Or if you can change to a stronger topical steroid e.g clobetasol propionate 0.05% Or betamethasone dipropionate 0.05% cream, it would be better.
Potent topical steroids would help heal it faster than triamcinolone acetonide.
You are welcome
Thank you for writing to us. Keep me updated.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is irritability a side effect of triamcinolone?
- Is nervousness a side effect of triamcinolone?
- Is numbness or tingling in the arms or legs a side effect of triamcinolone?
- Triamcinolone cream used to treat
- Triamcinolone acetonide for vaginal itching
- Is fractures a side effect of triamcinolone?
- Triamcinolone injection side effects
- Is sweating a side effect of triamcinolone?
- Is anxiety a side effect of triamcinolone?
- What are the side effects of triamcinolone?