How effective is Gynaecosid and what are the side effects?
i had unprotected sex 4days ago, and i dont want to get pregnant. i was advised the usual morning after pill wouldn't be effected since it's past 72hrs. my bf got me gynaecosid. will it work? are there side effects?
You should not take this drug.
No, I will not recommend this drug. Since it's past 72 hours already no medicine is 100% effective in preventing pregnancy. Further the use of this tablet can be dangerous if you are pregnant already and can cause hormonal imbalance, irregular menses and heavy bleeding. This drug is only used for withdrawal bleeding when your pregnancy test is negative.
I suggest you to wait and watch for your menses. If pregnancy test results comes positive, then you can consult a gynecologist for medical abortion of pregnancy.
Hope I am clear. Let me know if you need clarifications.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Side effect of using gynaecosid
- Drug usage and side effects of gynaecosid
- Side effects of gynaecosid
- Gynaecosid tablets side effects
- Side effects of gynaecosid tab
- How to avoid the side effects of gynaecosid
- Gynaecosid side effects irregular periods
- Gynaecosid side effects whitish discharge
- Uses and side effects of gynaecosid tablets
- Gynaecosid side effects in urdo
- After having had waistband on, gets nauseous. Is it related?
- Had unprotected sex who is not virgin. Can I have STD if I will have...
- Had blood in mid cycle, tender breasts. Have IUD. Sonogram showed thick...
- Having delayed periods. Prescribed with sysron, not yet got my periods....
- Labia minora is swollen, painful and radiates. Noticed 3 hard and...
- Recently started yaz, got bleeding post sex, not on periods due. What...
- Pregnant. Having fever at night and early morning, weakness, bitter...
- I am pregnant. Is it safe to travel by plane in second trimester?
- Nursing mother. Missed period. Experiencing pain in tail bone while...
- Got vaginal bleeding after taking ipill and missed for next month. What...