question-icon

How do i get my kidney stone removed?

Posted on Tue, 4 Mar 2014
Question: * Please address this to Dr. XXXXXXX Bhabhe * HCM42527 = transaction number. Dr. Bhadhe, I think l will have the kidney stone removed later this year? Do you have a preference to which method? My preference leans towards the laser, as opposed to lithotripsy. Are there any concerns about the laser treatment you would have ? Thanks - Bob
Answered by Dr. Aditya Bhabhe (16 hours later)
Brief Answer: See detailed answer Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX There are no particular concerns with the use of laser for stone removal if the operator is experienced. So the decision about the choice of modality will depend on the personal experience of your surgeon. Like I said in the previous posts, nephrologists like me do not perform these surgeries. So you need to speak to your urologist or a urologist on this forum, if you need more details of the exact surgical procedure. I hope this was helpful Regards Dr Bhabhe
Dr. Aditya Bhabhe

Nephrologist