Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

How can worms in 1 year old child with low appetite be treated ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12744 Questions
Hello sir, sorry to bother you .... My little 1 year old had a bowl movement today and we noticed a small white worm in her stool.... Which looks like an XXXXXXX worm ,,,,the worm was dead,,,,and little girl has a very lite appetite can you advise ....? Thank you
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Growth and Development in Children
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 11 minutes later

Thanks for writing to us.

Since you have seen a worm in her stool it means she is suffering from worm infestation and the loss of appetite can also be attributed to the worm infestation only.
You need to get her stool examined for ova, cysts and parasites and after identification of the parasite, proper anti helminthic can be prescribed to her by her paediatrician.
She also needs to get her hemoglobin tested as anemia is the most commonly associated disorder with worm infestation.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.
Wishing you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor