How can sleep apnea be treated?
Positive pressure airway device
Dear Ma'am, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but since you have been diagnosed wth sleep apnea, then it is recommended that you stay away from alcohol and smoking..it is also recommended that you try to lose some weight if you are overweight, however in the meanwhile you should visit your doctor to prescribe a positive air way pressure device to help regulate your breathing during sleep.. There are several types of positive airway pressure devices that can be used at home including Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) which will best suit you If you have moderate to severe sleep apnea, it is a device that delivers air pressure through a mask placed over your nose while you sleep. With CPAP (SEE-pap), the air pressure is somewhat greater than that of the surrounding air, and is just enough to keep your upper airway passages open, preventing apnea and snoring.. But you may need to try more than one type of mask to find one that's comfortable and the pressure settings of the CPAP machine may need to be adjusted several times until you find the pressure that is best suited for you.. Also some people benefit from also using a humidifier along with their CPAP systems.
Other airway pressure devices include automatic positive pressure airway device which unlike the CPAP , it automatically adjusts the pressure while you're sleeping (Auto-CPAP). Units that supply bilevel positive airway pressure (BiPAP) are also available. These provide more pressure when you inhale and less when you exhale.
I hope you find this helpful..
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sleeping pills with sleep apnea
- Sleep apnea stages of sleep
- How to cure sleep apnea
- How to treat a sleep apnea and related chest pain
- How to treat the major depression anxiety and sleep apnea
- How can i solve sleep apnea
- How sleep apnea effect sperm
- How to overcome sleep apnea
- How to deal with sleep apnea
- How to overcome my sleep apnea problem
- What causes blood in stool while on Ibuprofen and Tylenol?
- Does Benzonatate interact with Trazodone?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea, severe chills and fever
- What causes a lump in the armpit and fever?
- Suggest treatment for mucus in nasal passage
- Suggest treatment for throat pain and difficulty in swallowing
- Is chronic fatigue a symptom of Lyme's disease?
- Can Azithromycin cause painful lumps in the breasts?
- Suggest treatment for enlarged lymph nodes in the armpit and fatigue
- What causes severe vomiting and foul urine odor?