How can persistent penile and skin-hair erections be prevented?

Question
Going to the dermatologist later. How do I prevent erections
Tue, 8 May 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Explanation needed

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic! Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. Based on the query you have shared, some explanation is needed as you mentioned dermatologist here that whether your concern is repeated penile erections or skin hair erections caused by erect or pilli?

If you are concerned about repeated erections of penis, it's natural physiological phenomenon and is hormones dependant. If you are having abnormally increased libido it may be due to excessive make sex hormones like angrogens due to adrenal or pituitary glands and may need medical therapy with anti androgenic drugs but after a careful review by an endocrinologist.

Hope this has answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Regards.

Follow-up: How can persistent penile and skin-hair erections be prevented? 36 minutes later
It is penis erection every time and I need to visit due to infection in the genital area bit I always get a female PA at this office and it seems many demos are female. I am not taking viagra or any thing. It just HAPPENS and it is embarrassing

Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
You need to get Hormonal profile too

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Thanks for sharing the details. Yes you are right as that seems like a case of increased libido and mostly it is due to Hormonal causes and sometimes it can be attributed to psychological factors like overthinking about sex, or having more fantasies than usual masses and are in some individuals with higher IQ levels.

But hormonal profiling should be done to start with and a detailed endocrinologist review should be sought. I would still suggest that if no pathology is found, the efforts should be made to direct the energies in some other activities and behavioral or motivational therapies rather pharmacological ones should be preferred. Regards.