How can cold and sinus be treated while on Sinarest and Plectranthus amboinicus?
We had given her one dose of Sinarest yesterday morning and Plectranthus amboinicus ayurvedic home made preparation yesterday night. She is not allowing us to put nasal drops. We have tried giving her steam as well.
Today afternoon while sleeping she started to cough and omitted mucus along with the food she ate. She is otherwise normal can see mucus coming out from her nose as well frequently.
Kindly suggest if any medication needed.
Try the nasal drops when there is a scope
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Your daughter is possibly suffering from a viral infection. In such cases the respiratory secretions get thickened as cough and diluting them is the way out. Steam inhalation and saline nasal drops are thus the way out. Without those, it would be hard to relieve the nasal block. Rather than Sinarest I would prefer other antiallergics like Cetzine, Allegra or Atarax. Sinarest also contains paracetamol which is unnecessary unless there is fever at that point of time. I do not suppose that any other medicine is needed. You can continue Plectranthus amboinicus preparation. It is a succulent and therefore can help by improving hydration.
The nasal secretions can continue for the next few days. If the child is otherwise active there no cause for concern.
Atarax Drops 1.2 ml is to be given thrice daily for the next few days.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
We will continue nasal drops and steam inhalation as suggested.
Kindly advise the dose and duration of Atarax drops for her weight and age.
She is 1.8 year old and her weight is 14.6 kg
One more question,
She don't allow us to put the nasal drops when she is awake. Can we put it while she is sleeping?
Can be given.
You can put nasal drops while she is sleeping. You may also put nasal drops if nasal block seems to be bothersome while she is awake.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Diptanshu Das, Pediatrician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Have cold problem how to treat this
- How to treat cold sore on lips
- Infant cold sinarest
- Sinarest tablet cure cold
- How are cold allergies treated
- Sinarest for cold and running nose in infants
- How is cough and cold treated in children
- Sinarest for cold ban
- How to treat common cold in a child
- Sinarest tablet for cold
- Suggest treatment for autism spectrum disorder
- What causes loose stools post cesarean operation?
- Suggest treatment for rash on a 4 yr old
- What do light colored skin patches on thigh indicate?
- Suggest treatment for fever and sore throat in a child
- What causes swelling in head of an infant?
- Can Taxim O Forte and Vizylac be given together?
- Suggest treatment for anorectal malformation in a down syndrome child
- What causes vomiting after feeding breast milk?
- Suggest treatment for persistent high fever