How can abortion be done despite being on Cytology?

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Sat, 10 Mar 2018 in Women's Health
Question: Hi,
First taken 1 for stomach 4 for vagina after 10 days during scan confirmed that it's not cleared fully. As per doctor instruction again 2 cytolog taken but no bleeding started again repeated same but still no bleeding started. Please suggest I am worried now.
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Surgical evacuation required

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
If the repeat dose of cytology is not working in repeat doses, then you need to get surgical abortion done to completely remove the retained products of conception.
You should consult your OBGYN specialist for the same.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 12 hours later
Madam,
Shall I wait till next period date approximate 10 days or.shall I undergo immediately for surgical
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
Better to go for surgical evacuation

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear, it is better to go for surgical evacuation if the retained products of conception are there in the uterus.
Dr Deepti Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D